Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fritz Perls (one of my inspirations on the path)


In my hippie days in High School I had this poster on my wall. I didn't know it at the time that the saying was taken from the Psychology Pioneer Fritz Perls who developed 'Gestalt Therapy' and who eventually led me to study Zen Buddhism. I think we sometimes call this synchronicity



I do my thing
and you do your thing.
I am not in this world
to live up to your expectations,
And you are not in this world
to live up to mine.
You are you, and I am I,
and if by chance we find each other,
it's beautiful.
If not, it can't be helped.

(Fritz Perls, 1969)

Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Remnants of the Storm said...

You may recall Fritz was a non believing practitioner.

The fluffy poster leaves off the most important and mature part of his teaching. Thus invalidating belief in his philosophy.

It is your belief represented here not that of Fritz.

Ask your inner fritz. he'll tell you.

November 16, 2011 at 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home