Saturday, March 17, 2012

A 100 Foot Flagpole

 This is one of the most brilliant cinematic moments ever put to film. Guy Ritchie, in his film "Revolver," explores the 'self selfing the self," throughout the entire movie. Jason Statham in this scene portrays the moment where all "the cosmic tumblers come into place" and we realize who and what we really are.

We have these conversations with ourselves, thinking that the one who is talking to the other somehow has substance, also we believe the lies that the one tells the other. This is just our back seat driver who just wants to complain and take control. In the Zen there is a saying, "when standing at the top of a hundred foot flagpole one more step is necessary."

This is that struggle to find our true self, this is how hard the 'battle' with our 'self' becomes. I am not my idea of myself, or I am not my idea are easy to say, but how will we transcend the illusion.

Each of our paths are different, we don't all come to the same conclusion the same way; however, the path is full of pitfalls where we check ourselves and try to convince ourselves that our ideas are who we are and not our inherent self. I hope you enjoy the video and I recommend the movie if you have see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home