Monday, January 19, 2009

Adolescents

I was reading Brad Warner's latest blog and he has posted a video of the Monks. I was thinking about an old friend of mine, from my younger days and decided to search youtube for him. Rikk Agnew was the lead guitarist for the Adolescents and Christian Death. Anyway I found this video from a few years ago and they are playing one of their Punk anthems, Amoeba. Not sure if it is every one's taste, but this is my roots.

I met with a few old friends this weekend, Thom Pastor, JDPSN, Paul Park, JDPSN, Bridgette Duff, SDPS and Musang Sunim. Haven't really hung out with these guys in many years and it was good to reconnect with some very dear and old friends.

Ours pasts don't define us unless we allow them to; yet it is good remember where we came from sometimes on this strange trip that we have come to call life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

Good band, good performers, great song.

A bit contrived musically by my old standards (i.e. they can play and sing), but I'm mellowing.

Thanks,

H.

January 19, 2009 at 3:31 AM  
Blogger Barry said...

NOW your mind becomes clear, Paul!

;-)

I'm glad that you had a chance to hang with all those folks. Best wishes to you all.

Barry

January 19, 2009 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Al said...

I wouldn't have figured you for an old punk.

My wife was a huge Christian Death fan in high school (snuck into a concert, I believe).

My inclinations were much more into Goth/Industrial music later and Heavy Metal as a teen but I think we might be a decade or so apart in age.

January 19, 2009 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Near-Genius Nephew said...

Hello Paul, if you are reading this, thanks for your interesting blog...a friend of mine and I are old friends of Bridget Duff--going all the way back to elementary schood--and we were wondering if she might either be reading your blog or if you might be able to pass along a message to her. We are planning a reunion, and hope to be able to include her. Should you be able to do so, feel free to provide her with the following contact information: dmalcolmjr@yahoo.com or lauriepincus@cox.net. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

June 19, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home