Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Within You / Without You



My dear friend James Ford Roshi posted a wonderful blog today at Monkey Mind, which is titled "Dawning of the Age." In his post he mentioned that he was speaking with a few people about the Bealtes having and association with the late Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and that they not only had not heard of the Guru or even knew what Transcendental Meditation was.

This took me back to my early formative years when I discovered a song on the White Album that changed my young life by opening me to a world I could only imagine back then. I posted the lyrics in response to James' post and in the process happily found the above video which delighted me to no end. Sadly both George Harrison, who wrote "Within you - Without you," as well as John Lennon, who wrote "Imagine," which was another song that changed my life, are no longer with us. I am not sure how life would have been had I not listened to their music during those formative years of my life. Thanks for the reminder James, I guess its time to return to the present and post this blog.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger bloggabix said...

Yes One of my favorite Beatle songs too. I have been doing TM for years and have nothing but good effect from the twice-daily practice. It reduces stress, keeps me healthy and happy. And it is completely effortless to do, and so simple to learn. And what I also like about TM is that there are over 600 studies showing how good it is for my mind and body. Have a look at the web site www.TM.org for all scoop on the Transcendental Meditation program.

April 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Inji-gyo said...

The Beatles are beautiful. I am luck enough to be born after their time and thus grow up with their entirely library at my disposal.

September 10, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home