Thursday, July 2, 2009

Paramahamsa Nithyananda and Jainism

I have posted a video before from Paramahamsa Nithyananda and I found these talks from the Jain Sutras and I thought I'd share this with you. I have a few friends here in Southern California who are Jains from India. Through our friendship and interactions over the past five years I have studied much from the Jain Cannon.

Mahavir was the last Thirthankara (Manifest Sage) and was born about 20 years prior to Sakyamuni Gotama who became the Buddha. Mahavir was one of the teachers that Buddha sought out prior to his awakening. Through my study of Jain Sutras I have found that much of the basic foundations of Buddhism also exist in the Jain Sutras. I don't mean to say that Jainism is Buddhism, it is not. But the roots and divergence are apparent and Buddhism has borrowed much from the Jain Cannon. This is an opportunity to view some of the basics of Buddhism from a teacher in India who has an open approach to spirituality, much like Buddha attempted. I hope you can enjoy and know that we all are quite similar.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice article. I would like to give a link to it at my blog http://jainway.blogspot.com

August 5, 2009 at 5:47 AM  
Anonymous Jagdish said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing. Here is another site that talks wonderful things about Nithyananda.

Gratitude to Nithyananda

February 6, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home