Friday, June 5, 2009

David Carradine


I don't know about the rest of you, but when I was a kid I watched Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin priest traveling the 1800s American frontier West in the TV series "Kung Fu," which aired in 1972-75. At some level, this was my first exposure to some of the teachings of Buddhism and David Carradine became an indellible part of my spiritual growth. He reprised the role in a mid-1980s TV movie and played Caine's grandson in the 1990s syndicated series "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues." and I ejoyed the reprise tremendously. David Carradine returned to the top in recent years as the title character in Quentin Tarantino's two-part saga "Kill Bill."

According to the Thai Police in Bangkok, the 72-year-old actor appeared to have hanged himself in a luxury hotel room where he was staying while working on a new movie. Our beloved David will be missed by all of us who, through his work, got a glimpse of Eastern Spirituality.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Uku said...

This is sad. I don't really know his works except in Kill Bill but I have heard a lot about his influence to kids and adults as well.

May he rest in peace where ever he is and I thank him for his efforts.

Gassho.

June 5, 2009 at 5:59 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

indeed, its sad.

June 5, 2009 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Algernon said...

A fascinating actor with a brand of "cool" all his own. I have no idea what happened in that hotel room, but I grieve for his family.

June 5, 2009 at 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David Carradine’s Legacy of Shame

http://www.racialicious.com/2009/06/05/david-carradines-legacy-of-shame/

June 7, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home