Saturday, April 17, 2010

Yangtze

I traveled to China during the SAR's Epidemic in 2004 because I had a trip scheduled down the Yangtze River. It was one month before the initial flooding of the river due to the Three Gorges Dam initial closing. I felt it important that I view the three gorges as it was in all the famous paintings from the past. There were no tourists (almost) during this trip. The picture shows our boat that we booked, (it is the boat in the background) and there were only 13 guests on the boat. They asked if any of us wanted to upgrade our rooms, I ended up booking the Presidential Suite which was the lower 3 windows plus the entire front of the boat for $40. I must say that sitting out on my private patio and soaking in my hot tub made the trip all the more interesting. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home