Thursday, September 3, 2009

Greg Penn, DD



Greg Penn, DD who produces the Television Show "Aspire" was my first Buddhist Teacher in the middle 1980's, I thought I'd share a bit of his zaniness with you so you might get a flavor of my roots. He used to have a center in Escondido, CA but in the 90's he moved to Carmel, CA. I still communicate with him on occasion, and I have always loved his irreverent style.

The story is actually from the Collection of Zhaozhou's Recorded Teachings and isn't used too often by teachers; although I remember hearing it for the first time in 1993 during the opening of the Mojave Desert Zen Center (that later became the Great Bright Zen Center) in Las Vegas. Hope you can appreciate his levity.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

He is adorable. Thank you for continuing your blog.

September 3, 2009 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Uku said...

Cool! He seems like a really nice guy! Thank you for sharing!

September 7, 2009 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I always think the time I spent at the center in Escondido when Gregory was there - I am sure he is enjoying life in Carmel '

June 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer! No videos!

September 5, 2012 at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home