Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chinese Contemporary Buddhist Music


I have visited the Peoples Republic of China on four different occasions since 1996 and during these trips I must have visited more than fifty different temples. Each visit would envitably end up in the Gift Store where I would always buy too much stuff to bring back to the states. I still have stuff in boxes in my Garage. Anyway, in each of these temples there would be music playing very loudly, so I thought I 'd share a sample of the current music of Chinese Buddhism played in temples today in China.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jabo said...

That's not bad... Somehow, I was expecting it to be terrible. Hm. So much for what I know!

~Sandy

October 2, 2009 at 12:38 AM  
Blogger Wonji Dharma said...

It is the attempt to make Buddhism more accessible to the Chinese Masses. It kind of grows on you.

October 2, 2009 at 12:43 AM  
Blogger Algernon said...

Got any "encouragement sticks" in your garage you wanna sell me? Deming Zen Group needs one...

October 2, 2009 at 10:27 PM  
Blogger SotoZenBuddhist said...

I just love this. Could you share the artist and name? I would love to have more music to listen to like this.

October 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home